[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 23:37:26 UTC 2016

On 07/18/2016 04:08 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 07/18/2016 06:00 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>> Where in mythtv-backend.service should the ExecStartPre line go?
>>
>> Also shouldn't one make a soft link to the mythtv-backend.service file rather than a copy?
>
> Anywhere in the [Service] section, I put mine above the ExecStart,
> but it doesn't matter.
>
> No, the goal here is to prevent a new release of the system
> version (/lib/systemd...) from clobbering your personal copy.
> They should be in 2 unique files. If the same .service exists in
> /etc, it will be used. [And you do want to use the same name
> so that two backends aren't started.]

I used the nm-online method because I don't think I want my system dependent on a single HDHomeRun to work. Also there should be
a solution that does not require HDHomeRuns since some people don't use them.

In any case, it seems to be working now. I am kind of surprised that this isn't handled by the default setup.