[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:08:48 UTC 2016

On 07/18/2016 06:00 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> Where in mythtv-backend.service should the ExecStartPre line go?
>
> Also shouldn't one make a soft link to the mythtv-backend.service file rather than a copy?

Anywhere in the [Service] section, I put mine above the ExecStart,
but it doesn't matter.

No, the goal here is to prevent a new release of the system
version (/lib/systemd...) from clobbering your personal copy.
They should be in 2 unique files. If the same .service exists in
/etc, it will be used. [And you do want to use the same name
so that two backends aren't started.]

--
Bill