[mythtv-users] Problem with LIRC after upgrade to Fedora 24

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:06:00 UTC 2016

Hika van der Hoven wrote:

> >/Well, actually it does. If I go back and re-enable all the />/protocols in /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols, now ir-keytable sees the />/keypresses. However, if after this I try to use the devinput driver />/in lirc_options.conf, then irw and mythfrontend see nothing. />//
> Completely logical as ir_keytable is for devinput and irw for old
> style. They will not work both!

Just to keep this thread sane: Actually both styles should work. It's
just a question of using the kernel decoding (devinput) vs using lircd
to decode the raw timings (default driver). The raw timings are
available on /dev/lirc? if the protocol is set to 'lirc', the decoded
events are on a /dev/nput/ device if the protocol is left untouched. The
kernel supports both modes.

Recent lircd normally sets the protocol automagically if needed, but
when testing one might need to set it manually.

Cheers!

--alec