[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 23:55:36 UTC 2016

>Mythweb reports the following on every page:
>

>    Error
>
>Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.63.3:6543.
>Is it running?
>
>Strangely, it worked when I first set it up, but stopped working after
>the computer was re-booted. Same with live TV, worked
>once, never after the system had been re-booted.
>
>The back end is reporting these errors when I attempt liveTV:
>
>Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent
>dtvmultiplex.cpp:379 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux:
>ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0xffffffff80000000
>Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent
>recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:299 (SetChannelByString)
>DTVChan[1](10401F3E-0): SetChannelByString(2.1): Failed to initialize
>multiplex options
>Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent
>tv_rec.cpp:3763 (TuningFrequency) TVRec[1]: Failed to
>set channel to 2.1. Reverting to kState_None
>
>All 10 of my HDHomeRun tuners (5 boxes 2 original, and 3 version 4, two
>tuners each) work fine with HDHomeRun Config GUI.
>
>I have tried deleting and re-creating the tuners in MythBackendSetup
>with no improvement.

Re the HDHomeRun tuners, probably best to start a new thread as i have no experience with them, but it is most likely config error. Specifically (well potentially based on quick search) that you have enabled multirec when mythtv doesnt support multirec with some HDHomeRun models.

Re mythweb, what is the contents of your mythweb.conf file? Try find /etc -name mythweb.conf to locate.