[mythtv-users] Input Group Question For Two Dual Tuners

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jul 1 23:09:57 UTC 2016

On Jul 1, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Michael Papet <mpapet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The tuners as they were detected in mythtv have options->max recordings = 2

You need one more thing: there’s a setting somewhere, I think in mythfrontend’s setup menus, about “Avoid Back-to-Back recordings” or something like that. When you enable it the myth scheduler will bump the second same-channel show to the next virtual tuner on the same physical device and your padding will be preserved. It sounds counter-intuitive to avoid back to back when you’re seeking back to back but works like a charm.

I don’t have a myth box handy or I’d find it for you but I’d start with Setup -> General.

- George