[mythtv-users] Input Group Question For Two Dual Tuners

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jul 1 15:58:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:37:58 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>>You did not really give enough information about your setup to be able
>>to properly diagnose your problem - you did not say what sort of
>>tuners your Hauppauge units are.  Are they DVB-T/T2, DVB-S/S2, ATSC,
>>DVB-C,
>I'm sorry about that.  I was trying to keep it short and coherent.
>
>lspciMultimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7164Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7164Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 on the box.
>
>I'm in the U.S., so I'm recording free-to-air ATSC with an antenna.  I use a single video source for all the tuners.  The tuners as they were detected in mythtv have options->max recordings = 2.
>
>Thank you for your help.

I have all my DVB-T tuners set to max recordings = 5, just in case,
but they very rarely go above three at once.  When you have
overlapping recordings, during pre-roll and post-roll, the number of
recordings happening doubles, so you have to allow for that.  However,
if you are using hard padding (setting the recording rule to start a
minute or two early and end a few minutes late), the scheduler should
tell you if it can or can not do what you want.  If you do not get any
red conflict messages, and no recordings are showing as "record later"
in yellow, then the scheduler is saying that it can record everything.
If that is your situation, and you then get failed recording, there is
a fault somewhere that needs to be diagnosed.  Maybe one of your
tuners is not actually working properly, or is getting a bad signal.