[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:34:22 UTC 2016

On 1/24/16 5:23 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> Interesting.  Seems a little hacky, but given the lack of Firewire
> truth, it might be the only thing that works.   FTR, the thread is "Re:
> [mythtv-users] Checking power status of STB".   I ended up tweaking
> Daryl McDonald's script, adding the mythweb checking of whether the
> tuner is busy from Justin Alcorn's post, and based on my brief testing I
> think I'm good.   It's set up to run via /etc/cron.hourly, so the
> changes that I'll miss a recording because of this are pretty low now.

And just to follow up here, it looks like some STBs do support a "power
on" command.  However, mine just supports the toggle.  I've played
around with the different firewire commands, and I couldn't get anything
other than a toggle.

So the script is really relying on the analysis of the video to
determine whether or not to toggle the power.  But in my brief testing
it seemed to work just fine.

-WD