[mythtv-users] Deleted recordings in mythweb

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 21:20:45 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 04:10 PM, Yianni wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:23:32 +0100
>> From: hikavdh at gmail.com
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Deleted recordings in mythweb
>>
>> Hoi Yianni,
>>
>> I rarely use a frontend for management, but in the past there was a
>> Deleted group (it's not translated in Dutch). As said I have noticed
>> sometime in the past that the group was not there, but as I don't use
>> it on the frontend, I forgot about it.
>> I tried several themes... No Deleted!
>>
>> Tot mails,
>> Hika mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>
>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>
>> De lerende Mens
> Hi, Hika,
>
> Although I "think" I remember the "Deleted" group in the past, I didn't notice its dissappearance because there was (until I emptied it) a group with the same name in Greek. If it  hadn't been for the disappearing recordings I wouldn't have thought to look. I think it's a translation problem, but I'll wait for some devs to shed some light into it.
> If it's indeed a translation problem (the backend can't deal with the English group because it's expecting a Greek one??) then the problem might be corrected if I empty the Deleted group in mythweb. But I'll wait some time to see if the devs want me to do any tests (I've not created any ticket, I hope they are reading this thread as Mike did!). I've left around 250 entries in it, it was like a clicking competition!
>
> Yianni

It looks like the code assumes the English version of "Deleted" in the
backend

from autoexpire.cpp, line 960

("recgroup = 'Deleted' "
                    "AND lastmodified <= DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL '-%1'
DAY) ")

So if your deleted group is spelt differently in the database the delete
logic may not work correctly.

Peter