[mythtv-users] JobQueue stuck on MetaData retrieval

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:52:46 UTC 2016

Hoi Jerome,

> On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 02:19:13 AM Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Jerome,
>>
>> Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 2:07:25 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> > [0.27.4, Fedora 22]
>>
>> > I just noticed I have a Job Queue full of MetaData and CommFlag
>> > jobs which I think is blocked by MetaData retrieval for the first
>> > item in the queue. The frontend says it's "Starting" and I can't Stop or Pause it.
>>
>> > Is there any way to restart the queue without restarting the
>> > backend? I have a full evening of recording.
>>
>> You can try killing the job in linux, but I don't know the effect.
>> Possibly you get a failure on the job or no effect at all.
>>
>> Also check if the internet connection from your backend is OK.
>> Metadata retrieval needs it.

> There's no job running to kill, and I can't Stop it from the frontend.

> And my Internet is fine, or we wouldn't be talking. :)

> I have had a few of these over time

> Jan 18 18:00:19 tv python: detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/myt
> htv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
> Jan 18 18:00:20 tv python: can't communicate with ABRT daemon, is it running? [Er
> rno 2] No such file or directory
> Jan 18 18:00:20 tv python: detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/myt
> htv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
> Jan 18 18:00:21 tv python: can't communicate with ABRT daemon, is it running? [Er
> rno 2] No such file or directory

> and the metadata grabber seems to run whether I want it to or not
> so it may be time to disable it completely. My stuck queue seems to be another reason to.

The job name for any pythonjob in MythTV is python2 (or in other cases
possibly python3)
Are you up to date? There was quite recent a tmdb3.py bug related to
grabbing locale specific metadata. I think my secondary bugfix fixed
it and that it was taken into mainstream. Max 2 month ago!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop