[mythtv-users] JobQueue stuck on MetaData retrieval

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Jan 20 01:42:41 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 02:19:13 AM Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jerome,
>
> Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 2:07:25 AM, you wrote:
>
> > [0.27.4, Fedora 22]
>
> > I just noticed I have a Job Queue full of MetaData and CommFlag
> > jobs which I think is blocked by MetaData retrieval for the first
> > item in the queue. The frontend says it's "Starting" and I can't Stop or Pause it.
>
> > Is there any way to restart the queue without restarting the
> > backend? I have a full evening of recording.
>
> You can try killing the job in linux, but I don't know the effect.
> Possibly you get a failure on the job or no effect at all.
>
> Also check if the internet connection from your backend is OK.
> Metadata retrieval needs it.

There's no job running to kill, and I can't Stop it from the frontend.

And my Internet is fine, or we wouldn't be talking. :)

I have had a few of these over time

Jan 18 18:00:19 tv python: detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/myt
htv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
Jan 18 18:00:20 tv python: can't communicate with ABRT daemon, is it running? [Er
rno 2] No such file or directory
Jan 18 18:00:20 tv python: detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/myt
htv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
Jan 18 18:00:21 tv python: can't communicate with ABRT daemon, is it running? [Er
rno 2] No such file or directory

and the metadata grabber seems to run whether I want it to or not so it may be time to disable it completely. My stuck queue seems to be another reason to.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca