[mythtv-users] Suitable laptop/notebook with nVidia out via HDMI?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Jan 20 01:30:50 UTC 2016

I'm starting to think about replacing my old Lenovo M58P with something
else for my combined MythTV front end and back end. As I was sitting
there looking over at the collection of hardware the other day, it
occurred to me to wonder about using a somewhat recent laptop or
notebook for the job. I see that there are laptops with nVidia video
hardware, but my initial reading has shown me that there are gotchas.
One of the search results I found was http://blog.langfinger.org/?p=203
which says, "... Nvidia does not support the Linux platform officially
yet ..." So I see that it's not as simple as asking if the laptop has
HDMI out from an nVidia graphics chip.

Has anyone tried using a laptop as a MythTV front end and back end machine?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens