[mythtv-users] Is 0.28 going to support HEVC does anyone know?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:48:27 UTC 2016

On 9 January 2016 at 07:14, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've read it's tied to the latest ffmpeg version.......but could
> anyone try it pls.
>
> Currently on 0.27 fixes HEVC works for sound.....just no pics.

0.28 already does support HEVC (to my greatest regret)

Mind you, there is no hardware decoding support for HEVC at this stage.

I have some 720p HEVC videos that plays just barely on my old Core 2
Duo mac mini. By barely I mean that it drops frame often. If I display
subtitles, it's enough to make it pause like crazy)