[mythtv-users] Unexpected end of recording

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:39:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
> On 01/12/2016 07:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> My capture device is an HDHR Prime, the one with a cable card and three
>>> tuners.
>>
>> Did you check the system log on the HDHR3-CC?
>

> How do I find it? Should I be able to see the HDHR3 on my house network?

Yes, you should, and it would nominally be at the IP address
where you have set its DHCP reservation (to minimize it
changing IP addresses in the case your DHCP server
restarts and does not have persistent state (which many
POS home routers/modems/gateways do not have,
which is why I nominal recommend reservations for
devices that are providing a service such as the HDHR)).

However, the easiest way for this particular query is to
browse to http://my.hdhomerun.com and select your hardware
device, and select "System Status", and then "System Log".
Or do it the pure cli way and use wget/curl with the url
of http://<device_ip>/log.html where <device_ip> can be
located using hdhomerun_config discover.