[mythtv-users] front end pixelation (Kris Jensen)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:53:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Douglas Sargent <dbsargent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kris,
>
>      yes two tuners are saying 50C, the others are hovering about 40C.
>
>      Plan A : I took the cover off the case to see if they cool down.
> Interesting enough temperature on the tuners spiked up to 53-54C probably
> because the fan on the top of the chasis was pulling air on them
>
>      Plan B: will get some fans tomorrow
>
> At what temperature should they run?

Cooler is always better (well, as long as it is above
the dew point).  My recollection is that Ceton specified(*)
something like 65C as the limit, so in theory you
should be fine at 50C, but cooler is better.

When you say some recordings, is there any
consistency in the channels?  Or the time of day
when the problems occur?  Or when it rains (yes,
cable should be immune, but the "closed system"
sometimes has leakage (water, and RF).

(*) That was a long time ago.  They may have revised
their numbers since then, and given that there is only
one temp reported, other parts of the device could be
hotter.