[mythtv-users] transcode-h264-v2-- cutlist and commercial flags

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:16:03 UTC 2016

> On 9 Jan 2016, at 6:17 am, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to minimize the number of steps I have to take to transcode recorded TV from MPEG2 to h.264.  Using the subject script posted on the Mythtv wiki I can do this but with a catch.
>

> My steps that work are:
>
> 1.  auto-detect commercials after recording
>
> 2.  view recording in mythfrontend and import commercial flags.
>
> 3.  Make additional edits to add and move cuts.
>
> 4. save cut list.
>
> 5. run the transcode job that keeps the file MPEG2, but strips footage based on cut list.
>
> 6. run the transcode-h264 user job
>

> If I don’t run step 5, the file produced by step 6 has the cuts produced by commercial flagging, but not my manual edits saved to the cut list.
>

> Are the Commercial Flags in the database not updated when I manually adds cuts and save the cut list?
>

> I think I have the script configured to leave the commercial flags as is.
>

> I think my problem is not understanding what is stored in the database related to cuts and edits.
>

> Jim A

Do you mean this script? https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_Mpeg2_to_H264 (the v2 script down the page)

I don't read Python but I am guessing that you have left the user setting generate_commcutlist as the default true value. When set to true it appears to me that there are no checks to see if a cut list already exists so your custom edits are just getting overwritten with a cut list generated straight from the commercial detection flags.

Try setting generate_commcutlist to false. The code to transcode appears to still check if a cut list is present and will use it if it is.

At least I think so, but I don't read Python.