[mythtv-users] one specific channel does not seek correctly

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:23:06 UTC 2016

On 31 December 2015 at 22:39, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 31/12/15 09:58, Tim Draper wrote:
>

>> Hey all,
>>
>> The UK 4Seven channel does not skip(+30sec) or ffwd correctly on my
>> setup. what happens is on recorded shows, skipping or ffwd will result in
>> the video&audio jumping back about 3 minutes even though the timing
>> position bar at the bottom is not showing this jump (it's progressing
>> correctly).
>>
>> All other channels are ok and skip as expected. I'm running fixes/0.27.4
>> and last updated about a week ago so fairly recent code.
>>
>> I've tried a full re-scan on my DVB-S2 tuner where 4Seven is obtained
>> from, but no success.
>>
>> there is no DB problems based on mythweb.
>>

> I have a test recording in progress from 4Seven DVB-T.  Skipping is as
> normal on that.  qt4-vintage 0.28-pre.

Here's a script I used to use for the same issue. I set it up on the
"recording finished" trigger so it runs automatically when a recording ends.

My issue at the time was on the 'Watch*' channels.

The logic at the beginning to get the CHANID and STARTTIME from the
filename may need a tweak, as I wrote this before MythTV went with UTC
times. However looking at the logs, I don't think this is required. The
script is passed the filename, chanid and starttime as 3 parameters
delimited by a colon (:), so looks like it should still work (I don't use
it anymore since it's no longer needed for me).

You will also need some external mechanism for trimming the logfile
occasionally, but it's pretty small and will be fine with just an
occasional manual rename.

You will need to modify the file locations for LOG and OUT to somewhere
suitable that exists.

Also, don't forget to make the script executable.

[mike at puzzle bin]$ cat event_recording_finished.sh
#!/bin/bash

DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)
LOG=/myth/music/bin/event_recording_finished.log
OUT=/myth/music/bin/event_recording_finished.out.$DATE.$$

echo ===================== >> $LOG
echo Running $0 at $(date) >> $LOG

for PROG in $*
do
    echo "----------------------" >> $LOG
    echo Processing $PROG >> $LOG

    FILE=$(echo $PROG|cut -d: -f1)
    CHANID=$(echo $PROG|cut -d: -f2)
    STARTTIME=$(echo $PROG|cut -d: -f3)
    mysql -N --batch -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg <<!EOF > $OUT
    SELECT COUNT(*)
    FROM recorded
    JOIN channel USING (chanid)
    WHERE basename = '$FILE'
    AND callsign LIKE 'Watch%';
!EOF

    echo mysql output >> $LOG
    cat $OUT >> $LOG

    NUM=$(cat $OUT)

    echo NUM $NUM >> $LOG

    if [ $NUM -gt 0 ]
    then
        echo Scan program again >> $LOG
        CMD="mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --allkeys --chanid $CHANID
--starttime $STARTTIME"
        echo Will run $CMD >> $LOG
        $CMD >> $LOG
    else