[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Thu Feb 18 17:55:13 UTC 2016

FYI,  in my day job I run a PEG station,  our only outputs are SD 4:3 on cable companies, AT&T Uverse, and our Internet live stream.  We produce everything in 16:9 HD,  but I center cut it to send 4:3. We produce all the content and make sure all titles are 4:3 safe. If I were to letterbox into a 4:3 frame,  it would actually be lower than SD, since it is using less pixels.