[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 18 02:53:38 UTC 2016

On 02/17/2016 05:09 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com <mailto:gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com
>     <mailto:dheianevans at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > I really wish some local stations wouldn't stretch 4:3 retro
>     channels into
>     > 16:9.

I am astounded that hotels I visit in the USA have beautiful widescreen
Tvs in the rooms, restaurants, etc., and almost always they receive only
Standard definition channels and have the TV setup so that the picture
is stretched. I have tried changing the TV setting with the remote,
which can be done, but when powering on next time it reverts to
stretch-o-vision. Most people I speak to do not notice anything wrong
with the picture.

Peter