[mythtv-users] EDID and Sony TV

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:22:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess my experience and apparently others on this thread have been different than yours.

Consistently under reported is the specific model (all
the info, not just the generic part), and the country where
the individual lives (and presumably obtained their TV).

Sony has many TV variants (and they "improve" them
every year) and there are many location/country specific
features for each TV.  When one says "Sony TV" you
may all be talking about fruit, but an apple looks,
tastes, and works differently than a riberry.