[mythtv-users] EPG empty, MySQL errors

Volker Bier volker.bier at web.de
Mon Feb 15 13:53:33 UTC 2016

On 15.02.2016 14:41, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 02/15/2016 05:39 AM, Volker Bier wrote:
>>
>> since my last mythtv update (from 0.28 ubuntu repo), my EPG is empty
>> and I have lots of the following errors in the log.
>> I have tried to issue the select statement directly in mysql, and get
>> the same error. It goes away when I change the
>> statement to have the GROUP BY part in front of the ORDER BY.
>>
>> Is this a problem with my MySQL version or has this been changed in
>> the code? I am wondering that nobody else seems
>> to have the problem.
>>
>> What do I have to do to make the EPG work again?
>>> Feb 14 12:16:30 Mini mythbackend: mythbackend[15594]: E HttpServer45
>>> mythdb.cpp:183 (DBError) DB Error (LoadFromProgramQuery):#012Query
>
> Is the empty EPG you're referring to on the frontend?  Asking because the
> error says HttpServer.
>
> My frontend EPG and mythweb are fine and I'm on 0.28-pre, but the
> following fails:
>
> BE:6544/Guide/GetProgramGuide?StartTime=2016-02-16T00:00:00Z&EndTime=2016-02-17T00:00:00Z

The frontend EPG still works fine, I had not even tested that because I
always use the backend web server
to schedule recordings. This is the EPG I was refering to, sorry for not
being clear enough.

I assume that the web server EPG is accessed via the service API, so
your problem seems to be the same
as mine. Should we write a ticket in order to get this fixed? I quickly
checked the list of open tickets and did
not find anything that matched.