[mythtv-users] Remote suspends too many FEs

Mike Carron jmcarron at gmx.com
Wed Dec 28 04:13:05 UTC 2016

I have a system with a headless MBE and 3 FEs all in different rooms.
All 3 FEs are identical Zotac AD-03s and all run Mythbuntu 14.04.5 with
Myth 0.27.6-27-g3783dc8. All 3 use FLIRC as their IR receivers. The
system works fine except that when I suspend the FE in the kitchen it
also suspends the FE in the master bedroom, but the reverse is not true.
There is no way that stray IR signals from the remote are somehow being
picked up by the wrong IR receiver, the units are over 60 feet apart
with closed doors inbetween. The only thing I can think of is that one
FE is suspending the other over the network but I have no idea how that
might happen. Any suggestions?

mike