[mythtv-users] CEC using a nvidia card

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:47:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I correct that if want to use CEC (e.g., to change the receiver's input
> to the one I have my mythbox plugged into), I would need to get an additonal
> product?

Few add-in GPUs support HDMI-CEC (it requires
specific hardware support).  Occasionally an
integrated solution has the CEC pin(s) available
to the system (or to an add-in device) but they
tend to not be common.

pulse-eight.com (based on posts) appear to be
the most common dongle that the MythTV
community member purchase to add CEC
support to HTPCs.

However, that said, your description of the issue
you have having (the A/V receiver changing inputs)
may not be related to the lack of CEC support
on your PC, but perhaps the TV is indicating it
is the master source.  You may be able to
configure this in either the TV or the A/V receiver.