[mythtv-users] CEC using a nvidia card

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:15:39 UTC 2016

Am I correct that if want to use CEC (e.g., to change the receiver's input
to the one I have my mythbox plugged into), I would need to get an
additonal product?  I currently have a geForce 430 for my video/audio
plugged into my receiver via HDMI.  I have CEC on for the tv and receiver
for other uses.

When I turn on the TV and receiver and select the myth input (using a
harmony remote), the receiver will switch over to the TV input after about
ten seconds.  I understand it does this because it does not recognize the
mythtvbox as CEC compliant so reverts to the TV, which is.  It is somewhat
annoying and I would like to correct this one way or another.