[mythtv-users] Upgrade path for Mythbuntu 14.04?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 05:08:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 3:09 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> .... Not sure if the Ceton would be considered slow
> starting as I haven't had it running very much yet.

Speaking of slow, while it has nothing to do with startup,
my recollection (I typically use HDHR tuners, so it does
not tend to impact my typically usage) is that with the
Ceton some specific channels for some providers seem
to need you to increase (either, or both, I do not
remember the details) the channel tuning timeout
or the signal timeouts.  The issue (again, as I recall)
was specific channels occasionally took longer than
the default timeouts for the Ceton to tune/obtain signal,
which resulted in failures to record, occasionally.
Since it was provider/channel specific, it may, or
may not, impact you.