[mythtv-users] rsNotListed?

Marc Rawji mrawji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:52:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Marc,
>
> Monday, December 12, 2016, 7:11:54 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
>

> > On Saturday, I wanted to record a sporting event. I set up all the
> > timers and double checked everything.
>

> > However, on Sunday when I went to check, looks like the event I
> > wanted didn't record. I found it in the "oldrecorded" table with a
> "recStatus" of 6, or rsNotListed.
>

> > My understanding of that status (from this thread
> > http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-August/146372.html)
> > is that if the title of a program changes, MythTv won't record,
> > assuming that it is no longer the show you actually wanted.
>

> > Looking at the timeline, it seems like this would be a possible scenario:
> > - Set up all recordings around 3:15PM
> > - Mythfilldatabase ran at 4PM
> > - Event at 7PM didn't record.
>

> > I looked and it's possible that the "Title" of the event changed (fixed
> typo) at 4PM.
>

> > My guide data is relatively sparse (it's XMLTV based, and I control
> > the perl script) and includes start time, end time, title and whether or
> not the show is HD.
>

> > My 2 questions are:
> > - Is there a way that I can disable that functionality (even if the
> > show moved, I'd rather it took a chance that it was still rather than do
> nothing)?
>
> > - Can I put more data into the XMLTV so that title renaming of a
> > title doesn't trigger this behavior?
>

> > Thanks!
> > Marc
>
> I don't think you can disable that but you can record on time instead
> of on title.
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Hi Hika,

Thank you for the quick response, and workaound... That would work, but
takes a 1-click record, to lots of clicks...

Do you know if setting a "unique ID" (program_id) for the program would be
a reasonable workaround to prevent minor changes from the guide provider
from killing the recording?

Thanks,
Marc