[mythtv-users] Difficulty upgrading system

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 03:07:57 UTC 2016

Hoi Gabe,

Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 3:36:08 AM, you wrote:

> Hello all,

> This isn't a myth-specific question but involves myth components so I thought I would ask here.

> I am trying to upgrade my system, including from Fedora 23 to 24.
> I am using the dnf upgrade tool, but run into this stopper:

> Error: Transaction check error:
>   file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nvidia-lib64.conf conflicts between
> attempted installs of
> xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-340xx-libs-1:340.98-1.fc24.x86_64 and
> nvidia-driver-cuda-libs-2:375.20-2.fc24.x86_64
>   file /usr/share/man/man4/lirc.4.gz conflicts between attempted
> installs of man-pages-4.06-2.fc24.noarch and lirc-core-0.9.3a-4.fc24.x86_64

> I have googled, and it appears that I should remove lirc-core (and
> probably all my nvidia packages) and then do the upgrade and re-install.

> My concern is whether I will lose my configurations if I do that.
> Lirc is a PITA to set up and whenever I have to start from scratch, it becomes an all day project.

> Some guidance would be greatly appreciated before I remove the lirc
> package and have to reinstall it.  Do I need to redo my config
> files?  (Nvidia I think I can handle fine.)

> Thanks

I don't know how Fedora in detail handles things, but lirc
configuration is in /etc/lirc/ and in your home-directory .lircrc. You
should backup those before upgrading anyhow.
I also guess that lirc will be a hassle anyhow. You are probably with
the Fedora upgrade moving to in kernel `/dev/input` drivers. You very
possibly don't need lirc anymore. ;-)

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven