[mythtv-users] Excessive disk usage in remotecache on Raspberry Pi

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 3 15:00:57 UTC 2016

On 12/03/2016 06:45 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> One of the first things I turn off on systems that use flash-based
> storage is the access times of files and directories (the
> noatime,nodiratime mount options), in order to cut down on unnecessary
> wear. There's lots of evidence on the intertubes that I'm not alone in
> doing that.
>
> Could I therefore suggest basing this on the file creation timestamp
> instead?

That is an interesting point. I will have to take account of file
systems that do not track file access as well as those cases where it is
turned off. Also I am not sure whether things like the scanning of files
that is done by nautilus to create thumbnails will update the access
time. Altogether I think that file access time may not be the best way
to go. I can create an application list of times when files were
accessed by the application or else just use the modification time as
you suggest.

Peter