[mythtv-users] Excessive disk usage in remotecache on Raspberry Pi

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:45:24 UTC 2016

On 02/12/16 20:16, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> For a resource-constrained device like the pi, you could just clean it
>> up in a shell script using find...
>>
>> find ~/.mythtv/remotecache -atime +7 -delete
>>
>> to delete any that haven't been accessed in the last 7 days, or
>> whatever you like.  Put this in the startup or shutdown script for
>> mythfrontend and it's semi-automatic.
> Thanks Mike. I have added it to my to-do list. I should also look at
> other cached files at the same time.

One of the first things I turn off on systems that use flash-based
storage is the access times of files and directories (the
noatime,nodiratime mount options), in order to cut down on unnecessary
wear. There's lots of evidence on the intertubes that I'm not alone in
doing that.

Could I therefore suggest basing this on the file creation timestamp
instead?