[mythtv-users] Running mythfrontend with mysql 5.5 client against mybackend using 5.7
Jean-Yves Avenard
jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:04:23 UTC 2016
On 2 December 2016 at 20:10, Yann Lehmann <aristide at free-it.ch> wrote:
> I have migrated my backend to 16.04 recently (fresh 0.28 install with
> restore of a 0.27 database, comming from Ubuntu 14.04) and switched to
> MariaDB instead of MySQL.
>
yes..
good news for me.
I uninstalled mysql 5.7 (both client and server). Restored a backup
from earlier today (mysql database) then restored the mythconverg from
last night. Install MariaDB.
All good.
So mythtv doesn't work with mysql 5.7 by the look of things.
Currently sitting in the plane,5 minutes from takeoff... Who knew
restoring backups and installing new package could be that stressful !
Now plenty of stuff broken by the 16.04 upgrade, but I can do that
tomorrow from abroad.
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list