[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct guide data for AU / NZ

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:41:02 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> I would recommend the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber, it's quicker, more
> efficient, supports more of the XMLTV API and is still being actively
> developed, but it's not in the official release yet only the nightly builds.

FD: I am clearly somewhat biased here.....

But both of the XMLTV grabbers utilizing the
Schedules Direct JSON data source are being
actively developed (with the usual jitter regarding
commit dates).  They each take different
approaches, and either may be considered to
be "better" than the other for certain use cases.

I think it goes without saying that I am personally
using the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber, and
have found that for my use cases (in the US,
with OTA and Cable video sources), and with
the appropriate mfdb options, that it works well
for me.