[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct guide data for AU / NZ

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Aug 31 09:26:51 UTC 2016

On 31/08/16 04:04, Phill Edwards wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2016 12:33 PM, "Robert Kulagowski" <rkulagow at gmail.com
> <mailto:rkulagow at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:09 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com
> <mailto:david.whyte at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > > I will second this request.  I got the 90 trial code then sat at
> my laptop
> > > and effectively stared at the screen.  I came up stumped!
> >
> > There are two converters from the XMLTV project that will take the
> > JSON data and convert it to XML, that can then be fed into MythTV.
>
> Can you give us a bit more of a hint? What are they called? Should we
> be looking at tv_grab_sd_json?

In the UK we was forced to switch to SD  so we know a bit about it :)

This wiki page will give you some hints :-
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_Schedules_Direct_in_the_UK

I would recommend the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber, it's quicker,
more efficient, supports more of the XMLTV API and is still being
actively developed, but it's not in the official release yet only the
nightly builds.

There's been a few threads on the user list about the change to SD for
UK users which will mostly apply to NZ as well like these :-

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/600821#600821
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/601276#601276

I'm sure there was others if you dig deep enough.

Paul H.