[mythtv-users] Home Run doesn't operate with Myth [may be a duplicate message]

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sun Aug 14 10:54:04 UTC 2016

> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> From: GT at pl19.eu
> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 10:00:39 +0100
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Home Run doesn't operate with Myth [may be a	duplicate message]
>

> My HD Home Run worked fine with previous generations of Ubuntu & Myth
> but having upgraded to 16.04 - nada.
>
> The HD HR Config utility tunes stations OK.  VLC then displays TV OK.
>
> MythTV backend set-up finds loads of transmissions but the frontend
> fails for live TV or recordings - it just sits there and sulks.
>
> Logically my simple mind says this has to be a Myth problem but I have
> tried a range of configurations and none of them helps . . . ?
>
> All suggestions gratefully received!

I have the lowest end HDHomeRun for just over the Air and non encrypted cable, but I've only used it OTA.  I too just began the upgrade from Mythbuntu 14.04 to 16.04.  I tried it both doing the do-release-upgrade and by a fresh install of Mythbuntu 16.04.  I noticed no differences in the tuner setup other than I had to pick a name on the tuner card page.  Not the optional name, but the very first line.  If you select the right arrow key it will fill with "MPEGTS" I think.  I also had to setup the second card page because it setup all the recording vs. live priorities to 1.  That didn't work for me as I also have a DVB-T card, a Hauppauge HVR-2250.  I setup the HDHomerun first then the HVR2250.  I set the HDHomerun to be highest priority for recording and I set the HVR2250 to be the highest for livetv.

Other than that the tuners work the same.  However, since Ubuntu 16.04 has changed something in the way it autodetects HDMI displays and my TV is unusable as a frontend.  I'm trying to play with xrandr to find setting that will work.

Jim A