[mythtv-users] Home Run doesn't operate with Myth [may be a duplicate message]

GT GT at pl19.eu
Sun Aug 14 09:00:39 UTC 2016

My HD Home Run worked fine with previous generations of Ubuntu & Myth
but having upgraded to 16.04 - nada.

The HD HR Config utility tunes stations OK.  VLC then displays TV OK.

MythTV backend set-up finds loads of transmissions but the frontend
fails for live TV or recordings - it just sits there and sulks.

Logically my simple mind says this has to be a Myth problem but I have
tried a range of configurations and none of them helps . . . ?

All suggestions gratefully received!

GT