[mythtv-users] remote frontends capability getting turned off

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sun Aug 7 00:13:59 UTC 2016

I keep stumbling over this issue.  When I install Mythbuntu 14.04.04 I set the options in response to the questions on install OR when running MCC so that networked computers can run mythfrontend with the backend I'm installing.  So I get everything working and then I decide a few days later to upgrade to 0.28 by setting the repositories in MCC to 0.28.  everything goes well on the backend/frontend system, but none of the remote frontends will connect even with purged and reinstalled.  So when I go back and check MCC, I see that the MySQL option for remote frontends is disabled on the backend.  I know I didn't do it, but it got changed.
I know that during the 0.28 upgrade one dialog box asks me if I'm going to use remote computers with mythtv for frontends and yes is pre-selected.  So I say okay and that should be the end of it, but it gets disabled somehow.
So after any upgrade if the remote Frontends stop working run MCC and check the MySQL remote computer button for disabled.
Jim A