[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 29 22:16:24 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of jedi
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:08 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 04:38:12PM -0400, Jim wrote:
> On 9/29/2015 4:04 PM, John Moore (Insight Global) wrote:
> >Currently, if I watch LiveTV on MythTV, that program gets recorded.  Which really makes no sense to me.  If I want to watch live TV, why not just have my client be directed to the tuner directly and cut MythTV out.
> When you are watching live tv and the sirens come screaming down your
> street and stop at the end of the block - it is really nice to be able
> to pause it and see what's going on outside. And return to your "live"
> program later.
> Or you didn't understand what that character said so you want to back
> it up 5 seconds.
> Or pause it to hit the bathroom, or answer the kid, or get a snack or ...

...otherwise you could just switch inputs on your TV and use an antenna and just do things the old fashioned way and everything would be simpler and cheaper (but less functional).

   The only thing I watch genuinely live is severe weather reports and that is through an antenna. Anything else and I have a nice buffer of show recorded so I never have to sit through commercials. Done it that way since my first Tivo back in the last century.

Sadly I don't own TVs.  I just gave the kids monitors so they could swap between DVI for computer and HDMI for SkyStream media client.  And in one case, I have one child who uses his tablet as it has a hdmi out.  In all cases, Andriod and Kodi are the front end which worked well with MythTV.

John Moore

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org