[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Sep 29 22:07:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 04:38:12PM -0400, Jim wrote:
> On 9/29/2015 4:04 PM, John Moore (Insight Global) wrote:
> >Currently, if I watch LiveTV on MythTV, that program gets recorded.  Which really makes no sense to me.  If I want to watch live TV, why not just have my client be directed to the tuner directly and cut MythTV out.
> When you are watching live tv and the sirens come screaming down
> your street and stop at the end of the block - it is really nice to
> be able to pause it and see what's going on outside. And return to
> your "live" program later.
> Or you didn't understand what that character said so you want to
> back it up 5 seconds.
> Or pause it to hit the bathroom, or answer the kid, or get a snack or ...

...otherwise you could just switch inputs on your TV and use an antenna
and just do things the old fashioned way and everything would be simpler
and cheaper (but less functional).

   The only thing I watch genuinely live is severe weather reports and
that is through an antenna. Anything else and I have a nice buffer of
show recorded so I never have to sit through commercials. Done it that
way since my first Tivo back in the last century.