[mythtv-users] UltraHD

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Sep 21 19:50:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> MythTV can do 4k if the video hardware supports it.
>
> At least "some" of the (most interesting to many) 4K content
> will (likely) come with copy protection

I have one 4K multi-purpose system.  MythFrontend is one of its
purposes, but the main reason I went 4K was to run other applications
(notably "xterm" and "vi").  I don't really have the horse power on
this system for 4K video/games, nor do I have much in the way of
access to much 4K video content.  That said, MythGallery at 4K is
awesome.  No copy protection problems when looking at the family
photos, and the CPU resources aren't a problem either.  ;)  Running
mythfrontend's UI at 4K and playing 1080p content also works really
well.

Eric