[mythtv-users] MythTV with HDHR Prime and Direct TV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 17 21:34:16 UTC 2015

Jim
Ok, so with my vision I am not all that concern with the NEED for HD quality, SD quality will be fine.  And my TV size is less than 30 inches.  So again not all that concern with HD.  Tech its just a large Computer Flat Screen connected via HDMI to a android device called SkyStreamX running Kodi connected to MythTV.

So I have been able to google VIP211.  And I am ok with getting my video/audio signal from the R/Y/W cables (don’t know what you call them).  Am I to understand that the VIP211's are dedicated for video recording?   Does MythTV change the channel on them?

Which version of HD-PVR do you use?  I see there is quite a few different versions found on NewEGG ranging in price from the fair $150s to around $300ish.

I am also guessing that in your solution Live TV is not an option.  This is just for recording TV from Satellite to MythTV.  So watching Live TV on my tablet with Kodi thru MythTV like I did with Comcast and HD HomeRun is not possible.

Thanks,
John Moore