[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sat Sep 12 19:21:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Paul Stillwell <bigboi at wackywombats.com>
wrote:

> There have been some recordings since the issue arose so I don’t get the
> SortedList is Empty message any more. Do you still want the logs even
> though I don’t get the message?
>
> Paul

It sounds like maybe find_orphans.py thought that none of the recording
files were available and thus deleted them from the database, in which case
your likely only recourse would be to try to import the files into the
mythtv Videos, but it would help if you could find a way to rename the
files to parseable names. An old database backup might help that.

You might take a look in your Deleted recording group to see if they got
moved there, then you could undelete them. You should check soon though, in
case your "keep deleted recordings" time is short.

Karl