[mythtv-users] Motorola DCX3200-M

Scot Kreienkamp skreien at wcnet.org
Wed Sep 2 01:00:01 UTC 2015

Maybe you should spend a few minutes googling before writing your reply.
Here's some of the case law you said doesn't exist.  For the encryption
part, you're correct in that it hasn't been tested in the courts yet.  It
doesn't need to be.  The broadcast rule that enforced copyright was struck
down ten years ago.   Now if you're talking DVD's, while a lawyer could
make a very good argument that has at least a 50/50 case of winning on fair
use rights, the DMCA would appear to make it illegal in all cases.  But
that's not what we're talking about in this conversation.  We're talking
about broadcast and/or cable TV.

From
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corp._of_America_v._Universal_City_Studios,_Inc
.
...a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States> which
ruled that the making of individual copies of complete television
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television> shows for purposes of time
shifting <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_shifting> does not
constitute copyright
infringement <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement>,