[mythtv-users] Can't connect to backend after upgrading from Fedora 20 to Fedora 21

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:42:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/2015 9:15 AM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I did an upgrade of my system last night using FedUp to upgrade from
>> Fedora 20 to Fedora 21.  I have run into a few issues, most non-myth
>> related, but I think if I can resolve the myth issue, I can resolve the
>> other issues similarly.
>>
>> After the upgrade, my mythfrontend can no longer connect to the backend
>> (on a combined MFE/BE system).  Additionally, I can't ssh or http into the
>> system from another computer inside the same network.
>>
>> The mythbackend, sshd, and httpd services are running.  I can lynx to
>> localhost and get the test screen.
>>
>> I assumed that the problem was either a firewall was setup or selinux
>> turned on or some settings changed.  But I checked and firewalld is not
>> running, and when I run getenforce, the command returns Disabled.
>>
>> I am going to dig into this later tonight, but any other ideas that could
>> be causing the issues?
>>

> I suspected this may be something obvious and it really was (and dumb).
My router assigns IP address to devices on the network.  FOr some reason,
after upgrading, the IP address reserved for my mythbox did not get
assigned to it, and a random IP address did.  So that was why I could not
ssh, http, or connect to mythbackend.  I restarted the router and
everything works as should now.