[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: MythTV does not play DVD's

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Oct 18 21:49:51 UTC 2015

On 18/10/15 20:49, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 18/10/15 19:39, Forum wrote:
>> OK,
>> how can I examine my logging info?
>>
>> DM
>
> Without knowing something about your installation I can't tell you the best method.  I run
> 'mythfrontend' in a window, starting it from a KDE konsole; the log appears in the konsole and isn't
> kept.  I don't think many people do it like that.  Otherwise you might find it in /var/log/mythtv.
> There should be instructions on the mythtv wiki, too - but it's often easier to search with google.
>
> If you could identify a widely-available dvd that gives you trouble, that might help someone to
> suggest possible causes.

Logging into a console is actually a very simple way of getting isolated instances of logs which
aren't tangled up with other stuff.

All you have to do is to use your mouse and/or keyboard to highlight the entire log and copy/paste
it into an empty editor window. A bit of cleanup to remove security info and voila! A perfect log of
a mythtv run.

--

Mike Perkins