[mythtv-users] adding a scroller-blocker to a theme

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 19:35:13 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Yet again the scroller at the bottom of the screen during a football game
> has flashed the score of a game I'm recording to watch after it. And it's
> distracting, like flashy bits on a web page. Time to make up another piece
> of card to block off that part of the screen.
>
> But could this be done with an overlay defined by a theme?

That is not a bad idea.  It would take support by the underlying myth UI
code, though.

What I have always done in a situation like this, is use the manual-zoom
option.  I zoom-in a couple of notches, and the move it down a couple of
notches.  Yes, that means that you loose a bit off of each side, but it
works.

John