[mythtv-users] "Failed to initialise A/V sync" on playback for some MKVs

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Oct 14 19:34:57 UTC 2015

Hi-ya,

Just upgraded my FE/BE box, mythtv 0.27, from Mythbuntu installer disk 14.04.02.

There's still a few minor problems to be worked out, but one curious problem
arises playing back a particular set of MKVs.

The FE sits there with it's "Please Wait..." screen, and sometimes there's a
1-2 second burst of audio.
But then it drops back to the menu with a popup error message: "Failed to
initialise A/V sync".

I haven't done an exhaustive playback test to see if this is a widespread
problem or not, but every file in this series seems to exhibit the same error.

On my previous install, these files played flawlessly.  Basically they're
plain old MKVs, and have played on everything before.

Could this be the new video card?  it's a GeForce GT 610 (a nice fan-less model)

cheers,
-kt