[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers For LIRC

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Oct 8 13:36:57 UTC 2015

On 07/10/15 21:42, Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 07/10/15 21:10, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>

>> On 10/7/2015 11:58 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>> I thought I'd start a new thread since our other one got mixed in with
>>> some ECS Liva stuff.
>
>>> There must be something out there.
>
> Personally I'm happy with the IguanaIR device [1]. It's generic, very LIRC-centric and can also do
> IR blasting. You can use it either with the built-in kernel driver or a user-space daemon packaged
> on most distros.
>
> Also, there are good reports from the IrToy device [2], with a fresh lirc driver.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --alec
>
> PS: I answered the same question in  a recent thread in the lirc list; check the archives.
>
> [1] http://www.iguanaworks.net/
> [2] http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy

Be aware that, while the daemon is packaged with eg. Debian, the version of LIRC may not include the
driver. I had to download the iguanaIR source and rebuild LIRC (to pick up the libraries) in order
for the two to communicate.

Whether the iguanaIR driver for LIRC is included obviously depends on your distro version. It wasn't
in mine (wheezy).

--

Mike Perkins