[mythtv-users] Missing Channel Icons

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:08:51 UTC 2015

On 10/07/2015 08:11 PM, Jason Hamilton wrote:
> I'm currently running on the latest master.  For some time my channel icons
> have been missing so I finally today popped into the setup and ran the icon
> downloader as my mythtv user mythtv.  I can see that the files are there in
> the channels dir under /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels
> I then popped into the db and can see that they're all pointing to just the
> file name like the wiki says they should.  I also read that the wiki states
> that there should be a channel storage group but there is no need to
> manually configure that so I didn't.  Can anyone provide me with some
> insight on how to get my icons back.  I see them in the setup but neither
> one of the webclients mythweb or mythbackend:6544 show them.  BTW hats off
> to the devs that new backend web page is nice.

Not sure why it's not working, you seem to have everything you need.

My suggestion would be to add additional logging and look at the
backend logs. The Guide/GetChannelIcon endpoint, as you read, is
used by everything to get the icons.

Here's the commands and example output from my BE:

     http://paste.ubuntu.com/12711000/

I can't recall if starting the BE with the --noupnp flag
affects this, and I'm recording for the next two hours,
so can't test.

--
Bill