[mythtv-users] ECS LIVA Frontend

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 7 16:04:53 UTC 2015

On 10/7/2015 8:52 AM, Karl Newman wrote:

> I don't think Intel video supports VDPAU so when you had it selected
> it was probably falling back to software/OpenGL. Try VAAPI instead.
> Not quite as good as VDPAU, especially in deinterlacing, but many
> people find it acceptable. I understand the open source AMD/ATI driver
> supports VDPAU (not sure about its capabilities) but I haven't heard
> about any AMD-based micro computers similar to the Liva, etc. They may
> exist; I haven't actively searched for them.

Yes, that's where I have been for a couple of months now. Yes, VAAPI is
not as good as Nvidia + VDPAU. Yes, I find it acceptable. Where I see it
most is in scrolls such as in newsfeeds or sportscasts. They tend to be
jerky.

I am willing to deal with it to have a $100 8 watt playback device.

Now if I could just find a USB IR receiver that works with LIRC and is
actually for sale.