[mythtv-users] My HD PVR died

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Oct 6 04:33:38 UTC 2015

On 10/ 5/15 05:06 AM, Marius Schrecker wrote:

> On Monday, October 5, 2015 13:43 CEST, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Marius Schrecker
>> <marius.schrecker at lyse.net> wrote:
>> > 1212 or gaming would both be fine as I don't need the blaster.
>>
>> There's not much difference between the different model numbers of the
>> HDPVR 1. The main unit is the same, what varies are the accessories
>> packaged with it. (Cabling, IR blasters, manual in different
>> languages, etc.). So as long as you get some sort of HDPVR 1 and not
>> an HDPVR 2, you should be fine.
>>
>> Eric
>
> Great! Thanks Eric,
>
>    I have heard that the very early ones has some overheating issues. Mine is  a
> rev. D2 from 2008. I believe the last were rev F.
> After having reported this I opened up the uinit and found one of the smd caps
> hanging off the board, so will try re-soldering before binning the unit.

  I'm not all associated with halted, but if you do need a replacement, it
appears they have some in stock for $15

http://halted.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=26821&czuid=1444105787369

  Note that those are bare boards - for my use, I just mounted them on the
outside of the computer case.  If you are replacing a dead board (and thus have
the case, power supply, etc), might be a reasonable deal.

  I actually used mine for a while hooked up to video cameras, which is actually
a bit of a waste.