[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 06:53:14 UTC 2015

I installed Wheezy on a spare uSD card to give it a try, but I didn’t get
any video working.

I installed the mysql packages, and mythfrontend ran fine, but I didn’t get
video playback to work.  Initially when I tried to play a video it spewed
tons of audio error messages (*AudioOutput Error: AOOSS: Error opening
audio device (): eno: No such file or directory (2)*) then crashed.

I went into the setup wizard, and it detected an ALSA device which
generated test audio.  But, when I played a video, it paused for a few
seconds then crashed with:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3
  Serial number of failed request:  14
QWaitCondition: cv destroy failure: Device or resource busy
QWaitCondition: mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Also,when I go into setup and try to view/change video playback settings, I
only get a black screen until I hit escape..