[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 04:31:41 UTC 2015

-----Original message-----
From:Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com>
Sent:Wed 18-11-2015 23:59
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;

I installed it on Wheezy and it is working!

The video is a bit jerky, I suspect I may not have the mpeg2 licence
correctly set up.

I am running it from a terminal inside the GUI.  One thing strange,
after I exit I see it is trying to execute in bash all the keystrokes
from when I was running mythtv. Temporarily adding a cat after the
command that runs the frontend to catch those.

When playing a video that is widescreen with 4x3 monitor - there is junk
left over in the top and bottom bars on the screen which would normally
be black.

Well I don't know wjhat my fresh Wheezy install is missing, but I was unable to install libxcb-sync0

 try libxcb-sync1, however this is what I was seeing on Jessie... you might want to make sure your actually on Wheezy, and that you didn't do a dist-upgrade or something after installing.

Then, when I try to run the frontend, I get this error:

/home/pi/mythtv-rpi/bin/mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Again... was seeing the same issue on Jessie.

OK, So feel free to award me with the prize for "Idiot of the Month" - I saw that it needed Wheezy just after I completed dd'ing jessie to my SD card, so I downloaded and extracted wheezy, but forgot to dd it to the card, so i was running with jessie.

Regards,

Dave.